Inbound marketing, and content marketing in particular, is a great way to get targeted traffic to your website.
That’s because search engines love great content and, if you deliver, they will raise your site rank and move you up higher in their search results.
Other sites also love great content and will direct traffic your way by linking to your posts and articles.
The links below will help you get started using content for inbound marketing. They also provide lots of ideas and inspiration.
Want more content marketing goodness?
For even more posts about content marketing, head on over to my content marketing blog, “1000+ Online Content Ideas for Your Business”.
Content Marketing Overview
These posts contain the foundational knowledge you need to understand inbound marketing with content:
- Inbound Marketing – the lowdown on how inbound marketing with content works.
- Search Engines Don’t Hate You: Winning at SEO – why content raises your rank at search engine sites.
- 50+ Resources with Facts, How-Tos and Ideas for Marketing a Small Business Online Using Content – the what, why, how and where of content marketing.
Content Creation Tips, Ideas and Inspiration
Creating content for a site is, for many businesses, often the hardest part of this approach. Here are some ways to get past the content creation hurdle so you can begin driving traffic your way:
- What Makes the Best Website Content? [Infographic] – This infographic details four key elements that all types of content must have to be effective at driving traffic to your site.
- 1000+ Content Ideas for Your Blog or Newsletter – so many ideas, it’ll make your head spin!
- Never Run Out of Content with this Email Marketing Approach – this approach works just as well for website content.
- Content design hooks-in customers – here’s an interesting look at the impact of content design.
- Web Content Creation Tools – Top Picks for 2013 – Looking for the best tools for creating web content? Then check out the winners of the “Web Content Creation Tools – Top Picks for 2013” award.
- The 4 R’s of Ridiculously Great Content – If people don’t care what you have to say, your content marketing efforts will fail. The 4 R’s of Ridiculously Great Content can help you create content that works.
- Why Press Releases Should Be Part of Your Content Marketing Strategy – Thanks to SEO, press releases are a key part of your content marketing strategy. Here are 3 ways press releases drive website traffic and establish your expertise.
Driving Traffic to Your Site with Content
Once you have created your content and added it to your site, you need to let folks know that it’s there. Search engine sites will pick up your new pages automatically, but you can extend the reach of your efforts greatly by following these tips:
- Sharing Your Content To Increase Traffic on Your Website or Blog – my step-by-step approach for letting the world know about my latest content.
- Content Curation Tools – you can use these tools to gather both your content and others’ into one handy place that brings targeted traffic running.
- How to Get Even More Traffic to Your Website – some additional ideas on how to use other sites to drive traffic your way.
- Become a Content Curator to Build Your Social Media Presence – my step-by-step approach for using great content that’s not my own to drive traffic to provide value and drive traffic to my own site.
- What to Put in a Newsletter – The Anatomy of an E-Mail Newsletter [Infographic] – If you’re wondering what to put in a newsletter to send to your e-mail marketing list, you are not alone. To help you figure it out, I created this handy infographic.
- Focus on content leads to successful viral marketing campaign – a look at one company that achieved great success using the inbound marketing with content approach.
Proof in the Pudding
Finally, the 2 posts below demonstrate how I use the tips above to successfully drive traffic to this site using content:
Want to know more about content marketing?
Sign up to get updates from my 1000+ Online Content Ideas for Your Business site and get:
- Content ideas for blogs, videos, podcasts, infographics and more
- Real-life content marketing use cases and success stories
- Links to the latest and greatest content marketing resources and posts